- 500 G Anchovies
- 1 1/2 cups grated hard Edam
- 1/4 cup grated bread
- 1 grated garlic clove
- 1 large egg
- Food colouring
1. Wash the anchovies, clean throughout and remove heads.
2. Sprinkle with salt and leave to stand in the salt for a while.
3. Remove the middle bone carefully and lay flat on an upside down soup plate,
4. Beat the eggs add the cheese, mix in the breadcrumbs, garlic, salt, saffron, marjoram and the water.
5. Put a layer of stuffing on each Anchovy.
6. Dust with flour and fry in very hot oil, until brown.
Recipe by Rosemarie Manasco