- Advertisement -
I’m sure many have tried these before, particularly if you’ve been out to a restaurant lately. This popular Andalusian tapas is a hit and almost always on the menu. However making them at home is always even better. Drizzling these aubergines with honey make them such a treat before a meal that you’ll be liking your fingers clean.
I’ve had and made these but thinly like crisps as well as long like chips so really there is no right or wrong.
I kept the seasoning quite simple this time but have some fun and use your favourite herbs and spices, why not see how high you can get your tower!
Aubergine Honey Chips
Beautifully soft, yet crispy, fried aubergine sticks covered in sticky sweet honey.
- 1 aubergine any size
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- Honey your favourite one
- Rinse the aubergine and cut off the tops with the leaves.
- Now cut aubergine lengthwise into thick slices and cut those into sticks like chips.
- Place the aubergines in a bowl and season with salt & pepper. Leave to one side for a few minutes to release a bit of the water.
- Meanwhile, pour some oil in a frying pan and place it over a medium heat.
- Pat the aubergines dry with a kitchen towel and sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of cornflour into the bowl. Coat the aubergines thoroughly with the flour.
- Once the oil is hot, transfer the aubergines into the pan with oil and fry them until crispy, make sure you turn them over occasionally. (I did these in batches so make sure they wouldn’t burn.)
- Once golden on the outside, scoop them out onto a paper towel. Now tower them up like a game of Jenga and drizzle honey over them until you are satisfied.
Love every bite