Crispy grilled chicken thighs served with sautéd mushrooms and seasoned with thyme.
If you have a big oven proof casserole dish then do yourself a favour and give this a go. When it gets this hot and with the beach in the way, the quicker we can do things in the kitchen the better.
First we marinade it to get all the flavours combined. Seal the chicken thighs by placing them in a hot pan. We want to lock in all the moisture to keep the chicken thighs nice and juicy.
The rest is simple, into a casserole dish with the rest of the ingredients and into the oven.
Chicken Thighs and Mushrooms
- 4 Chicken thighs
- A mix of wild mushrooms or frozen mushrooms
- Sweet Paprika
- Olive Oil
- 600 ml Chicken Stock
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Start off by marinating the chicken thighs. Into a large bowl our olive oil and season with salt, pepper, a tablespoon of paprika and thyme. Using your hands, coat the thighs completely, if you’re not in a hurry then leave in the fridge, covered for an hour or two.
- Once ready begin by sautéing the thighs in a hot pan. Place the thighs a pan over a high heat, skin down and leave for a minute then flip over and do the same. I do this so as to seal in the moisture.
- Grab a casserole dish and lay the mushrooms inside. next, lay the thighs on top and pour in the stock carefully along the sides. ( we don’t want to remove the seasoning.
- Butter the tops of the thighs with some butter and cover the dish. Transfer the casserole dish into the oven and set a timer for 35 minutes. After the time has elapsed, remove the cover and place back in the oven for another 35 minutes. If the tops of the chicken thighs are not crisp after the full time has passed, switch on the grill and grill for a few minutes. ( i liked to do this to speed up the process).
- Make sure the chicken things and thoroughly cooked through and serve with some rice.