Try this fragrant Thai- inspired dish of bean & cauliflower green curry, rich in coconut, peppers, fragrant lemongrass and ginger, this dish is inviting and warming. Add some great textures and flavour to your dish with the cauliflower and protein-rich beans.
I really enjoy dishes that you can serve in large bowls so that everyone can dig in and grab they own portion to enjoy. Boil some rice and serve it together as a side dish. For those of you that don’t like coriander, feel free to leave it out.
Bean & Cauliflower Green Curry
- Sesame seed oil
- 1 spring onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp green or red Thai curry paste* vegan-friendly
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1 large cauliflower
- Soy sauce
- 1 medium broccoli
- 200 g tin mixed beans
- Small ginger root
- Fresh coriander
- ½ lime
- 200 ml water
- Slice the garlic and spring onion into thin strips and fry in a generous splash of oil over a medium heat. Whilst the two ingredients are frying, shave and discard the outside skin of the ginger and grate the rest into the pan.
- Once you see the onion softening, add curry paste to the pan and stir in so as to combine and merge the aromatic flavours together.
- After a couple of minutes, making sure not to burn the garlic and onion, pour in the coconut milk and a drizzle of soy sauce. Cut a lime in half and squeeze into the pot.
- Rinse the cauliflower and broccoli and dice into chunks; quickly fry this separately over a high heat to char the outside and add to the pot.
- Drain your tin of soaked beans, rinse and add this to the pot too. Leave everything to stew for 5 – 10 minutes until the cauliflower and broccoli soften.
- Finish by tearing fresh coriander and tossing it into the pot. Let it sit for a minute and serve.