I love seafood and I may have a slight obsession with Serrano ham, especially during the holidays… I mean it’s just unnatural, no one should consume that much ham. Anyway that aside here’s a dish that combines two of my favourite foods into one tasty afternoon dish.
If you are lucky enough to live by the sea or have a fresh market near by then go out and buy some fresh prawns for this recipe as the taste and texture is just so much better. However, frozen prawns work just as well.
Let’s start with the simplest and place linguini to boil, you can then continue cooking whilst this is happening and hopefully time everything to finish at the same time, or quite close.
Chop the garlic and mushrooms into very small pieces and fry in oil. When the garlic has softened add in the prawns and cook thoroughly. The prawns will change colour and turn pink, try not to overcook them as they can become rubbery and unpleasant.
When the prawns change colour add the ham and a tablespoon of the pesto. I like to find an excuse to add spinach to everything, mainly because I like it and it’s a good source of nutrients. so dice some up and add it in with everything.
Cook everything over a medium heat until is softens and reduces then drain your pasta and add to the pan. Mix everything together and season with salt and pepper.
Serve and dress with parmesan cheese.
- Serrano Ham Chunks
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 250g Prawns
- Parmesan cheese
- Tomato pesto
- Spinach (optional)
- Mushrooms (optional)
1. Place Linguine to boil.
2. Dice the garlic and mushrooms finely and fry in a pan over a medium heat with a tablespoon of oil.
3. When garlic is soft add the prawns until thoroughly cooked.
4. Add the ham pieces and a teaspoon or tomato pesto. Chop some spinach and add to the pan should you wish to add it.
5. When the pasta is ready, drain and add to the pan. Stir and mix everything together.
6. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.