- 400grs spare ribs
- 1 pkt about 250 gr diced Spanish ham ( I also used bacon)
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tin diet coke
- 1 sliced leek
- 1 chopped spring onion
- 1 clove
- 2/3 peppercorns
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2/3 ice cubes
- squirt brandy
This you prepare separately
- 2 potatoes
- 1 tablespoonful butter
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
1) salt your spare ribs
2) In warm oil fry spare ribs
3) chop the Serrano ham and or bacon and add to spare ribs
4) chop garlic, onion and leeks and add to rest with the flour, clove and peppercorns also. Stirring all the time.
5) make up drink i.e. wine, ice cubes, coke and lemon wedges and add to spare ribs.
6) Cover and cook for about 45 mins until ribs are tender
7) Meanwhile peel and dice potatoes
8) Melt butter and fry potatoes and garlic until tender
9) When your spare ribs are ready add the potatoes and cook for a further couple of mins.
10) check if salt is needed and add the squirt of brandy
Serve hot with parsley sprinkled over top for colour.
Recipe by Rosemarie Mañasco