- tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons (1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced)
- 1 sliced onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 glass wine,
- chicken stock (enough for the veggies and chicken to be immersed in it but not necessarily covered)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large potatoes, quartered
- 8 chicken portions, I used 8 whole legs,
- 2 sliced carrots
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. . Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish or skillet.
2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper; add the chicken, sliced carrots and potatoes and toss to coat. Pour this mix into the pan and spread around evenly. Add the wine and stock. Cover with foil and cook in the oven until ready about 1 and half hours or until tender.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro