- Lasagne Sheets
- 2 Small Tins or 1 Large Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Small Jar Of Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 250 g Minced beef
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Green Pepper (optional)
- 1 Packet of Fresh Spinach Leaves
- Beef Stock cube
- Chicken Stock cube
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 200 g Grated Cheese
- 300 ml whole Milk
- 100 G cheddar Cheese
- Plain Flour
1. Prepare all your ingredients by finely chopping the onions and garlic and setting them to one side. If you are choosing to add the green pepper then finely chop it too and place it to one side.
2. In a large pan add a little bit of oil, about a tablespoon’s worth. Add in your meat and cook over a medium heat, season with salt and pepper to taste, a sprinkle of basil and oregano and your crushed beef stock cube. Stir and allow to cook.
3. Stir every now and again to make sure your meat cooks thoroughly, then add in your onion, garlic and your green peppers, stir and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Meanwhile tun kettle on. Once boiled, pour about 100 ml of water in a cup to dissolve your chicken stock cube and add this to your meat.
4. Once the onions and peppers are soft, mix in your chopped tomatoes and about three or four chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
5. Cover your pan and leave on a low heat.
6. Boil the milk on a medium heat, grate a small amount of nutmeg and once the milk is hot, gently and slowly sift in some flour and whisk the milk so that it thickens. When it begins to thicken add in as much cheese as you would like, depending how cheesy you enjoy your meals. Stir until everything is melted and you end up with a nice thick cheesy sauce.
7. Place to one side away from the heat and prepare your lasagne dish.
8. Preheat your oven to 190°C
9. In a large oven dish spread a little béchamel and lay down some lasagne sheets. Pour some of your filling mixture on top and then some béchamel over and continue to do this, sheets, filling, béchamel, until you have about 3 or 4 layers. On the final layer simply spread your béchamel and cover with the remainder of the grated cheese. Cover your dish in foil and place in the oven for 40 minutes or until the pasta is soft and ready. You can check this by sticking a knife through and feeling whether the pasta is soft or hard.
10. Once ready uncover and leave in the oven for a few extra minutes until the top is golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.