- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled,
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt,
- olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon ground black peppercorns
- 1kg (2 1/4 lb) pork loin medallions
- 2 red or green peppers, cut in strips
- 225ml (8 fl oz) white wine
- 2 lemons
1. With a large mortar and pestle, mash the garlic, coarse salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil and peppercorns into a fine paste. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. With a meat tenderiser or hammer, flatten the pork medallions to 1cm (1/2 in) thick. Place in the bowl with the garlic mixture, tossing to coat. Cover, and marinate 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
3. Heat some more olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Stir in the pork and garlic mixture. Quickly brown pork about 1 minute on each side. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Place peppers into the frying pan, and sauté 2 to 5 minutes, until tender but firm. Pour white wine into the frying pan, and scrape up the browned bits. Reduce heat to low, return pork to frying pan, and continue cooking 10 to 15 minutes, until pork is done.
4. Slice 1 1/2 lemons into thin slices. Transfer the pork and pepper mixture to a serving platter. Squeeze juice of remaining 1/2 lemon over the pork and peppers, and garnish with the lemon slices.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro