- Advertisement -
- 1 KG medium sized uncooked Prawns or Shrimps
- 100 ML Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- Saffron and yellow food colouring powder
- 3 small dried Chillies
- Dry White Wine
1. Peel the prawns, season with salt and place on the side.
2. Heat a pan with oil and fry the chilli and chopped garlic until softened. Add the prawns and cook on medium heat.
3. Pour in a splash of white wine for flavour.
4. Prawns will change colour and curl up meaning they are cooked. At this stage add in the saffron and powder and allow to cook for a bit longer but don’t let the juices reduce. (Careful not to overcook as they will become rubbery)
5. Pour into a bowl and serve with some crusty bread.
[…] View Recipe Ingredients & Preparation Instructions […]
[…] Chilli prawns made with garlic and saffron with olive oil and white wine. This dish is a usual in spanish restaurants and very often served in Gibraltarian households. […]
[…] Prawns Pil PIl Gambas Pil Pil is a famous tapas of prawns served in a hot, sizzling sauce of garlic, chilli & olive oil. For full “Prawns Pil PIl” recipe click here […]