- 1 KG medium sized uncooked Prawns or Shrimps
- 100 ML Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- Saffron and yellow food colouring powder
- 3 small dried Chillies
- Dry White Wine
1. Peel the prawns, season with salt and place on the side.
2. Heat a pan with oil and fry the chilli and chopped garlic until softened. Add the prawns and cook on medium heat.
3. Pour in a splash of white wine for flavour.
4. Prawns will change colour and curl up meaning they are cooked. At this stage add in the saffron and powder and allow to cook for a bit longer but don’t let the juices reduce. (Careful not to overcook as they will become rubbery)
5. Pour into a bowl and serve with some crusty bread.