- 1 cup hard edam
- 1 cup- mature cheddar
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 eggs
- A little bit of milk if mixture is too thick.
- 4 Green peppers cut in half and interior cleaned out.
- Bacon or turkey ham cut into small bits. (optional
1. Cut your green peppers in half lengthwise and remove all the seeds inside, rinse and place to one side.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and stuff your green peppers.
3. Once stuffed, cut into bit size pieces, flour them lightly and fry.
4. Once everything is golden and the peppers appear softer and cooked through remove from the oil and lay them on a kitchen towel on your plate to absorb any extra oil.
Can be served hot or cold.
This is enough for four to five people.
Recipe submitted by Rosemarie Manasco