- 190g Red Pesto
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 Packet Frozen Mediterranean Vegetables
- 1/2 Red Onion
- Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Tomato
I was inspired by the Israeli dish Shakshuka, and decided i should try something similar with a Mediterranean twist. There are many flavoured red pesto sauces so choose the one that takes your fancy.
1. In a medium sized pan, pour a tablespoon of olive oil. Chop and dice your onions and tomato and add to the pan once the oil is hot.
2. Dice your chicken breast into small pieces and fry with your onions, once they appear softer. Cook your chicken until it has been sealed and season with salt and pepper, then add in your frozen vegetables. (as much as you’d like)
3. Pour in the red pesto and half the jar of water and let everything stew.
4. Stir occasionally for a minute then crack two eggs over and cover your pan with a lid, leave on a low – medium heat for 5 minutes or so until you see the eggs are cooked through.