- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- half kilo mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream or milk if you don’t want it too thick
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or parsley
1. Melt about 3 tablespoons butter in a casserole. Add chopped onion, saute for a few minutes then add the chopped mushrooms, the garlic and cook for a while.
2. Add the broth, the wine and season with salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer until done. If using milk add a little towards the end of cooking and some more when serving.
3. When cool blend into a thick soup and add a swirl of single cream before serving.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro