- Advertisement -
- 5 pieces Salted Cod (soak in water for 48hrs, changing water every 12)1/2 large aubergine diced
- 1/2 large onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper finely chopped
- 2 chillies
- 2 teaspoon tomato purée
- 1 Ñora (sun dried red pepper. Put to soak in hot water, scrape flesh and keep some of the water for later)
- 1/2 glass wine
- 1/2 glass water from ñora
- 1 glass fish stock
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt ( once finished to taste)
1. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté aubergine, green pepper, red pepper, onions, garlic, tomatoes, chillies and ñoras flesh. Add wine and mix. Lastly add the 1/2 glass water from soaking ñoras and the glass of fish stock. Cook for a couple of minutes to reduce sauce.
2. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil and seal your cod pieces.
3. Place them into an oven dish and cover with the picante vegetable sauce.
Cook at 160C
For about 35 to 40 mins.
Recipe by Rosemarie Mañasco