- 6 round Courgettes
- 2 slices bacon cut in small dices
- 400grs minced meat
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 finely chopped green pepper
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- Parsley and salt
- 1/2 glass wine
- 1/2 glass water ( from boiling courgettes)
- Inside scooped meat of courgettes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons tomato purée
- 2 cups grated soft Edam
Preheat oven to 200C
1. Cut courgettes in half and boil them, once tender scoop out inside meat. Taking care not to break outsides. Once empty turn them upside down on a clean cloth to drain.
2. Heat oil and sauté vegetables and parsley until tender, add tomato purée and mix, follow with the meat and bacon. Once meat is nearly ready pour the wine, let it cook for a bit before adding water and salt to taste.
3. Fill the hollow courgettes with the mixture and top up with cheese. Place them on an oven dish and in to your preheated oven until the cheese melts and the courgettes become a nice golden colour on the borders.
Serve with salad.
As you can see on the photo I have cooked some for myself with 0 % white cheese instead of the soft Edam.
Recipe by Rosemarie Mañasco