- 2 onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 900g minced beef
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes/tomate triturado
- 1 can or bottle dark beer
- 225ml strong coffee
- 325g tomato puree
- 450ml beef stock
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
- 4 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 (400g) tins kidney beans
- 4 fresh hot chillies, seeded and chopped
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onions, garlic, mince in oil for 10 minutes, or until the meat is well browned and the onions are tender.
2. Mix in the tomatoes, beer, coffee, tomato puree and beef stock.
3. Season with brown sugar, chilli powder, cumin, cocoa, oregano, cayenne pepper, coriander and salt.
4. Stir in the beans and hot chillies. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 2 hours letting all the flavours come out.