- 1 kilo pig or calf tripe
- 2 quartered pigs trotters
- 100grs salt pork (tocino)
- 100 grs smoked gammon
- 100grs Serrano ham
- 300grs chickpeas
- 1 head garlic roasted
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 15 prppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 2 slices bread
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 tin whole tomatoes
- 2 glasses white wine
- 4 small chilies
- 2 tablespoon spicy red pepper
- 2 tablespoon ord red pepper
- 100 grs black pudding ( morcilla )
- 150 grs red sausages ( chorizo )
- Bunch of mint ( fresh llerva buena)
1. Soak chickpeas, salted pork and trotters in water the night before. Drain very well before joining the rest of the ingredients.
2. Fry the two slices of bread and put to one side. Fry onions, tomatoes and garlics until tender. Place into mortar and add the fried bread and mash together.
3. Place all the ingredients except the morcilla and chorizo into a casserole or pressure cooker. You add those towards the end.
4. Cooking time differs so I suggest you check your pressure cooker after 30 mins once it starts to boil. When you are satisfied its nice and tender, add the morcilla and chorizo to the pot, cooking it for a further couple of minutes.
5. I have cut everything (pork trotters etc ) into small pieces after it cooked, however, you can leave in big chunks if desired.
6. Taste and add salt as required.
Serve very hot with plenty of bread.
Recipe by Rosemarie Mañasco