- 1 jar cooked beans (or 1/2 kilo soaked in water overnight)
- 1 small tin tomatoes,
- 1 large onion,
- 6 cloves garlic,
- 1 small piece pumpkin,
- 3 carrots,
- 1 potato,
- 1 red or green pepper,
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika,
- 1 bay leaf, small piece chorizo (optional),
- olive oil.
1. Chop all the vegetables into small pieces and place in the casserole (except for the beans if using the ones in a jar) add water with vegetable cube, enough to cover the vegetables and drizzle with the olive oil.
2. Bring to the boil and simmer until vegetables are tender. Finally add the white beans and cook for a few minutes as the beans in the jar are already cooked. If using dried beans cook them at the same time as the other vegetables.
Omit the chorizo if a healthy option is required (but I love it the naughty but nice way….with the chorizo )
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro