- Salmon Fillet
- Fresh Asparagus
For The Sauce
- 75G Butter
- 2 Small Shallots
- 100Ml White Wine
- 2 Tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Rind Of 1 Lemon
- 120Ml Cooking Cream
1. In a frying pan or grill, cook the asparagus with a knob of butter, turning occasionally.
2. On the same grill pan, add another knob of butter and grill the salmon, starting with the skin, season with salt. When done, leave in oven on very low heat just enough to keep warm.
To make the sauce:
3. In a saucepan, add the butter, and the shallots finely chopped, sweat until the onions are soft. Then add the wine, lemon juice and the rind, simmer for another couple of minutes.
4. Add the cream and stir constantly until it thickens. Season with fresh or dried thyme, salt & pepper. Pour the sauce into a sauce boat or sauciere, using a sieve and leaving behind the onions, keeping the smooth sauce.
5. Serve immediately with your salmon and asparagus.
Recipe Sent in by Kim Yvonne Bickerstaff