- 1 onion,
- 3 cloves garlic,
- 1 red or green pepper,
- half packet fajita powder or 1 packet fajita sauce,
- 1 carton tomato frito,
- 1 tsp sugar, pepper,
- 2-3 boneless chicken breats, cubed,
- sweet corn (optional),
- milk for the bechamel.
- Tortila chips
1. Fry onion, garlic and a red pepper add chicken pieces and fry, add tomato frito, one packet fajita seasoning paste or some fajita powder, also some sugar, salt, pepper, chicken cube and cook till meat is cooked. Add corn.
2. Prepare the Béchamel Sauce (butter, flour, milk, bay leaf, half chicken cube, pepper, adding some cheese in it.
3. Get a packet of Mexican Tortillas, add some chicken mixture to the Tortilla and roll to make the Fajitas placing them in a greased oven dish.
4. When all of them are done pour some tomate frito on top then the Béchamel and top it up with grated cheese. Put in oven for half an hour to forty five minutes at 180 C until nicely browned.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro