- 250g/10oz Icing sugar
- 10oz butter
- 1 tin Nestles cream previously put into fridge to keep cold
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 lb ground almonds
- 2 packets boudoirs (Lady Fingers)
- 10oz milk
- Enough milk mixed with Brandy to dip Boudoirs
- 1 tin of peach, mango or apricots
- Fresh Strawberries or Raspberries
1. Bring the milk to a boil, add ground almonds and leave to cool.
2. Cream butter, sugar and egg yolks together
3. Mix almond mixture to butter mixture and then add nestle cream
4. Line a tin with greaseproof paper, preferably a tin that has a removable bottom & spring side so it’s removed easily.
5. Mix some milk and brandy and dip in your boudoirs (Lady Fingers) then begin layering. First the Boudoirs (Lady Fingers) then a layer of tinned fruits, then cream mixture & continue, finishing off with a layer of cream mixture.
7. Turn out, decorate with fresh cream, chosen tinned or fresh or both and flaked almonds
Courtesy of Charmaigne Bray