- 400G Minced Meat
- Garlic Clove
- Small Onion
- Spaghetti Pasta
- Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Chopped Tomatos
- Sun-Dried Tomatos (Optional)
1. Meatballs:- Mix 1/2 kilo minced beef, 1 tablespoon minced onion, 4 cloves garlic finely chopped, 3 eggs, about 4 ozs. Edam cheese, 1 tablespoon HP Sauce, 1 tablespoon Tomato ketchup, dash of Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper, breadcrumbs together and form into small rounds.
2. Roll in seasoned flour and fry in olive oil very briefly, take out and keep warm.
3. For the sauce:- Fry 3 or 4 garlic cloves gently in a casserole with olive oil for about a minute so that they don’t colour, add a jar of Orlando Tomate Frito Casero (which is tastier than the Tomate Triturado), a little white wine, 1 beef Stock cube dissolved in 1/2 pint water, salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
4. Lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes and then add the meatballs and cook on low heat for about 1/2 hour or until the sauce and meatballs are done,
Serve with your own choice, mashed potato or spaghetti.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro