Mama has made this for as long as I remember and during the hot summer months you can find a fresh supply permanently in her fridge. This dish is full of flavour and goodness, all blended together and enjoyed as cold as possible.
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes – Serves: 6
- 8 Fresh red tomatoes
- 2 Frying Peppers
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 medium gherkin
- 200 ml water
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- olive oil
- Begin by peeling the tomatoes and de-seeding your peppers. Once your vegetables are rinsed and clear of any seeds dice them up, including the garlic and gherkins and place them in a large blender.
- Blend together until you find everything is smooth. If you have some trouble and find it is too thick, top up with water and continue to blend until you are satisfied with the thickness.
- Add a generous splash of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and season with salt, blend together once more until you are satisfied with the taste.
- Every person enjoys this differently so if you like this to be sharper add a little more vinegar. Finally pass this through a sieve if you find there are still chunks and blend the remaining bits in less liquid. Serve with a few croutons and enjoy.
- In total, this should make about one litre of soup, enough for four 250ml servings.