- 70gms melted butter or margarine
- 160gms digestive biscuits crushed
- 3 eggs separated
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- One tin light condensed milk
- Zest and juice of 3 limes
- 85gms caster sugar
1. Add melted margarine to crushed biscuits and place in a round oven dish, form an even base. Chill for 20mins.
2. Preheat oven (fan) 160C. Beat egg yolks in a large bowl, add condensed milk and mix thoroughly. Add the lime zest, lime juice and 1/4teaspoon sugar and stir. Pour mixture over biscuits and bake for 20mins until set. Leave to cool.
3. Beat egg whites and caster sugar into a meringue, pile the meringue onto the pie and spread out to form peaks. Place in oven for 6mins until a little brown. Cool before serving
Recipe by Ngaire Freyone