- 1 medium courgette,
- medium piece pumpkin,
- 1 potato,
- 2 stalks celery,
- 1 onion,
- 1 leek,
- equal parts of milk and water to cover the veggies,
- 1 tablespoon Philadelphia cream cheese,
- grated nutmeg,
- olive oil.
1. Chop all the vegetables, gently fry the onion and leek in olive oil for a few minutes, add the rest of the vegetables, stirring and making sure they have been sauteed in the olive oil, adding more oil if necessary.
2. Add equal parts of milk and water enough to cover the vegetables, add the salt, pepper and small amount of nutmeg (nutmeg brings out a lovely flavour) and simmer until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally so that they don’t stick to the casserole.
3. Add the cream cheese, mix thoroughly and then blend in mixer until a smooth consistency is achieved. If you feel it is too thick you may add more water/milk. Great creamy soup for cold weather
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro