This soft, light and fluffy recipe with its crips exterior is definitely a treat for the weekend or at a dinner party, add your favourite fruit and give it a twist.
- 4 Egg whites
- 250g Caster sugar
- 1tsp vinager
- 1tsp corn flour
- 1tsp vanilla extraxt
- Lots of Double cream (whipped) whipped cream is just as good.
- Topped with lots of Strawberries
1. Preheat oven at 130C. Whisk egg whites till soft peak.
2. Add a table spoon at a time of the sugar whilst whisking until you see it’s all nice and glossy.
3. Add the corn flour, vinegar and vanilla in and whisk for another few seconds.
4. Place the mixture onto grease poof paper in shape of a circle, making the edges slightly higher than middle.
5. Place in oven for an 1hr and let it cool in the oven. (don’t worry if the pavlova has caved in, its meant to look like that)
6. Once cooled, whip the cream and place it in middle of the pavlova and decorate it with as many strawberries as you want (or any other fruit you may desire)
Recipe by Joelle Baldacchino