- 3/4 (8-oz) bar cream cheese, softened
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 kilo prawns, peeled and deveined
- zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 cups penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- chili flakes (optional)
1. Mix cream cheese and chicken bouillon cube with pasta water until well-blended. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté for 1 minute. Add half the prawns and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. Transfer prawns to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining prawns.
3. Return prawns to the frying pan. Add cream cheese mixture and lemon zest; mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for one minute or until prawns are heated through.
4. Stir in lemon juice, pasta, and parsley. Remove the cover of the pan and cook for another minute, stirring frequently, until heated through. Stir in mozzarella cheese.. Sprinkle with chili flakes, if desired, and serve hot.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro