- 2 cups top stalks of a bunch chard
- 2 cups pre soaked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup diced pumpkin
- 1 skinless diced medium tomato
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped small green pepper
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 1 small diced potato
- 1 teaspoon spicy paprika
- Handful pasta
- food colouring
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
1. Heat oil and gently fry onions and garlic for a couple of minutes. Then gradually add the rest of the ingredients except the pasta.
2. Move to pressure cooker and cover with boiling water. Cook for 35 to 45 mins depending on chickpeas as they need to soften. If dry add some water and cook the pasta.
3. I also add the flesh of 2 ñoras (dried spicy peppers) this is optional. If you are using ñoras, pierce and soak in boiling water before scrapping the flesh.
Recipe by Rosemarie Mañasco