- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast cut in halves to make 8 slices. (pounded to an even thickness)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- half pint chicken broth or stock
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons thick cream, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
1. In a shallow dish, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Coat each breast with the mixture, shaking off the excess.
2. In a large pan heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until done and no longer pink in the centre. Remove and keep warm.
3. Add the chicken broth or stock and lemon juice to the pan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring to scrape up any browned bits in the pan, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced slightly. Now add the cream, Stir in the parsley. Now add the chicken, re-heat for a few minutes so that it catches the sauce flavour – if it becomes too dry add a little more stock and serve right away with lemon slices and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro