- 800 grs gilthead fillets
- 3 thinly sliced Med tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 sliced green pepper
- 1 thinly sliced onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 ml white wine
- salt pepper
- 4 sliced potatoes (optional)
1. This dish requires baking in the oven at 180C for 30 mins (15 mins covered, 15 mins uncovered),
2. Rub fish with salt,
3. Pour oil into bottom of a heatproof oven dish. If using potatoes layer them now.
4. Sprinkle half chopped garlic, parsley and green peppers over them, sprinkle salt and pepper and layer sliced onions and 3/4 of the sliced tomatoes.
5. Put the fish on top, with some pieces of bay leaf. Pour the wine and let it simmer. Cover with foil, and place in the oven.
Recipe by Rosemarie Mañasco