Crunchy, sweet and tasty after dinner dessert.
- 2 plums
- 2 apples
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 50g brown sugar
- 50g White sugar
- Melted butter
- 75g mixed fruit
- Fylo or filo pastry
- Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Chop up the plums and apples into small chunks and break down the walnuts into small pieces.
- In a large bowl mix together the walnuts, apple, plums and mixed fruit, and combine with the brown sugar so that everything is coated.
- Next add in the cinnamon and mixed spice and give it one last toss.
- Lay the filo out onto a grease proof paper and dab with butter throughout. Sprinkle white sugar on top and spoon some of the filling onto the bottom third of the pastry, leaving about a cm or two on each side.
- Now grab the bottom of the pastry nearest to you and roll over the filling, wrapping it tightly. Now butter the sides and fold them in , then roll the remaining of the filo over so that you have a snug roll.
- Grab another sheet of pastry, dab with butter once more and roll your rolled pastry inside to cover what you did earlier, to add an extra layer.
- Once everything is rolled, place it on a baking tray, slice some vents over the top, coat with the melted butter one final time and sprinkle with white sugar.
- Leave in the oven to bake or 30 minutes until golden and crunchy.
- Remove from the oven once ready and place to serve, just before serving sprinkle it lightly with some icing sugar
Recipe by Mari Almeida.