- Advertisement -
- 6 ozs (175g) butter softened
- 2 ozs (50g) castor sugar
- 6 ozs (175g) plain flour
- 2 x 5 ml spoon milk
- Few drops vanilla essence
- Icing sugar
1. Heat oven to 160 deg and have ready 12 paper baking cases on a baking tray. A piping bag and a star nozzle.
2. Cream butter and sugar, add flour and essence, beat well. Mix in the milk.
3. Place mixture in piping bag and pipe into paper cases. Bake about 25 to 30 mins.
4. When cool sprinkle with icing sugar and a small spoon of jam in the centre of each.
If you want to make them suitable for diabetics swap the castor sugar with 8 tablespoonful Hermesetas granules and use sugar free jam.
Recipe by Rosemarie Mañasco