- 2 Squid / Calamares (per person)
- Olive Oil
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 2 – 3 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Glass White Wine
- 500 g King Prawns / Langostinos
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- Chilli Flakes
Clean your squid and prawns thoroughly.
1. Begin my making the base of your sauce (refrito). Chop your ingredients and pour everything except for the tomatoes into a hot pan with a tablespoon of olive oil and cook until soft, once that’s ready add in your tomatoes and continue to cook and stir until the tomatoes are soft and pureed.
2. When your refrito is ready place it to one side and move on to your squid and prawns.
3. For the stuffing, fry the garlic in a little olive oil and add your prawns and the squid tentacles, leaving the clean and hollow body of the squid to one side.
4. Add the chilli, oregano, season with salt and pepper and fry until golden.
5. Once ready, stuff the hollow squid with your cooked stuffing ingredients and hold together with a cocktail stick.
6. To the refrito, add the wine, stock cube, diluted with boiling water, salt, pepper, saffron and add your stuffed squid, place on a medium heat for 30 minutes or until soft and add more water if necessary.
7. Once the squid is soft, add a handful of rice per person and add more water, cook until the rice is soft and ready.
Recipe by Lorraine Laguea