- Advertisement -
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree (paste)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef,
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon any savoury Seasoning e.g. Pork or Beef Seasoning from jar
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
1. Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil then add the pepper and the carrots, fry for a good 5 minutes until almost tender.
2. Add the tomato puree and transfer the vegetables into a bowl to cool down. When cool add the minced pork/beef and rest of the ingredients.
3. Form into patties and if you have time cool in a fridge for a few hours before grilling or frying.
4. Fry the burgers in the same frying pan that you fried the veggies, adding more oil if necessary. To cut down on calories you can grill instead of frying.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro