- Advertisement -
- Splash of olive oil
- 4 large fresh chicken breasts cut in to pieces
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 pkt tomate frito Solis (350gms)
- 250ml carnation evaporated milk
- 1 chicken cube
- 60 ml plain yogurt
- A little fresh chopped parsley (optional)
1. Heat oil and cook chicken until tender, set aside.
2. For the sauce heat oil and fry onion, garlic and ginger until soft. Stir in butter, lemon juice and spices, cook for a few minutes. Add tomate frito & stir, add milk and yogurt, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken to the sauce stir and cook for 10-15 mins on a low heat until sauce has thickened. Season to your liking. (If you like it spicy you can add more chilli powder) serve with white rice, you can also add a little parsley over.
Recipe by Ngaire Freyone