- 400ml water
- Pinch of salt
- 400g strong white flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
1. Boil your water in one pan, in a separate pan mix flour and salt and place over a low heat for a couple of minutes so the flour dries out and fluffs up, mix with your salt.
2. Once the water has boiled, mix this with your flour and stir for a minute until a thick dough is formed, mix in a table spoon of oil.
3. Put plenty of oil in a deep pan and heat up until the oil is extremely hot.
4. Using a piping bag, pipe a medium – thick strip of your mixture, you can do it one of two ways, either into ruler size strips or spiral your mixture around the pan. Fry the churros until golden brown, this should take a couple minutes per side and place on a plate with a paper to drain the excess oil.
Serve with sugar.
If you have another way of making churros please share by emailing email@example.com or posting on our Facebook Group