- Advertisement -
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree (paste)
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Chicken Seasoning
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
1. Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil, then add the pepper and the carrots, fry for a good 5 minutes until almost tender. Add the tomato puree and transfer the vegetables into a bowl to cool down.
2. When cool add the minced chicken and rest of the ingredients. Form into patties and if you have time cool in a fridge for a few hours before grilling or frying.
3. Fry the chicken burgers in the same frying pan that you fried the veggies, adding more oil if necessary.
Very easy and tasty. To cut down on calories you can grill instead of frying.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro