- 4 Chicken Breasts sliced in half,
- 2 shallots,
- 2 cloves garlic,
- 4 large sliced mushrooms,
- 1 cup sweet Marsala wine,
- 1 tsp tomato paste,
- Juice of half a lemon.
- salt and pepper.
1. Melt olive oil and some butter in a large frying pan and fry the chicken slices on both sides until just cooked. Take out and keep warm in a plate.
2. In the same pan fry the shallots and garlic for a few minutes and add the mushrooms. Fry gently and add the tomato paste and the Marsala wine. Bring to the boil add juice of half a lemon, bring down temperature to a simmer for a few minutes.
3. The chicken and juices from the plate should now be added to the sauce simmering for a minute so that the breasts absorb the flavour. If a thicker sauce is required mix 1 teaspoon cornflour with a little water and add to the sauce.
A very easy dish and very tasty.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro