- 2 cups presoaked chick peas
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 sliced carrots
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 small potato
- 2 peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoonful tomato puree
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon paprika (agridulce de la vega)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Food colouring
- 1 tablespoonful olive oil
- Slices of Morcilla and or chorizo can be added to individual plates before heating.
1, Heat oil and sauté all your vegetables, stirring every now and again. Add the tomato puree , paprika and cumin.
2, In a separate casserole boil your chickpeas with bayleaf, salt, pepper and meat cube with enough water to cover them
3, Once the water starts to boil add your veggies and stir. Add enough boiling water to keep your Stew from sticking. Always add boiling water. Cook until chickpeas are tender.
If there is someone that’s not on a fat free diet, separate and add Morcilla or chorizo or add before heating in microwave.
Recipe by Rosemarie Mañasco