- 7 or 8 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 Jar of garlic shoots
- 4ozs. mushrooms
- 4ozs. cubed Jamón Serrano
- 3 or 4 new potatoes
- 1 egg per person
- 1 Large tin of Peas
1. Parboil a large tin of petit pois or frozen peas .
2. Fry 7 or 8 garlic cloves, then add 1 chopped onion until all browned, a jar of garlic shoots (ajetes) , 4ozs. mushrooms, 4ozs. cubed Jamón Serrano , 3 or 4 new potatoes and your parboiled peas and cook until everything is tender.
3. Make a well for each egg (usually 1 egg per person but this is optional, you can omit the egg) and place each egg in each well in the stew.
4. Lower heat taking care that the stew doesn’t burn by moving it with a pallette so that it doesn’t stick at the bottom. When the eggs are cooked set aside.
Serve and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Ana Maria Morro