- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 2 Tubs Philadelphia Cheese (Cream Cheese)
- 2 Tablets White Chocolate (Approx 150 g Each)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2/4 Cup sugar (Caster)
To make the base:
1. Beat the butter, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence in a bowl with a mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour until well blended and resembles a soft dough.
2. Press into a 9 inch springform tin.
3. Prick with a fork and bake @ 160C for about 20 minutes and allow to cool.
To make the filling:
1. Melt your chocolate in a bowl over a pan with boiling water. Once melted, leave to cool.
2. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence with mixer until well blended.
3. Add melted chocolate, mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating at a low speed.
4. Blend everything together well and bake for 55 minutes, with care not to burn. Allow to cool and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Recipe by Tracey Bonavia