- Half a kilo minced pork/beef
- 3 cloves garlic (Minced), dash of Worcester sauce
- 50 grams Edam Cheese
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 egg,
- Salt and Pepper
- 10 almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 packet yellow colouring
- 1 glass sherry or wine,
- 1 slice crustless bread
- 1 bay leaf
- water with chicken bouillon cube
1. Half a kilo minced pork/beef combined if u like, 3 cloves garlic (Minced), dash of Worcester sauce, 50 grams Edam Cheese, parsley, 1 teaspoon tomato puree, 1 egg, enough breadcrumbs so that meatballs are soft but don’t fall apart. Salt and Pepper.
2. Mix all the ingredients together, shape into small balls and bind them with seasoned flour before frying lightly in a pan. Take out and cover to keep warm.
3. For the sauce:- 10 almonds, (I used M&S Roasted and Salted Almonds, they gave the sauce a more intense flavour but ordinary skins on almonds will do) 2 cloves garlic, 1 packet yellow colouring, 1 glass sherry or wine, 1 slice crustless bread. 1 bay leaf, water with chicken bouillon cube enough to cover the meatballs in the casserole.
4. Fry the almonds in olive oil, Take out after a few minutes. Add 2 chopped garlic and the bread until lightly browned. In a casserole I added the bread, almonds and garlic, the saffron, wine, bayleaf and water with bouillon cube.
5. I brought to the boil and then blended the sauce till smooth. Then I added the meatballs to the sauce (add more water if needed to cover the meatballs) and simmer for about 20 minutes until tender.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro