- Half kilo chicken breasts in chunks or strips or deboned thighs
- salt and pepper,
- 2 Tbsp. McCormick Smoked Paprika (or normal paprika)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 glass red wine
- 3 large sliced carrots,
- 150 gr. peas
- 2 Tbs. flour
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 teaspoon thyme, fresh or dried.
1, Mix the flour with the paprika, salt and pepper and toss the chicken in this so that it is covered in the flour mixture.
2, Fry the chicken in olive oil in a casserole until no more pink is visible, then remove. Add some more olive oil to the casserole and add the garlic and onion and fry gently. Then, add the carrots & peas tossing for a few minutes, finally adding the remaining ingredients. If you find there is not enough liquid to cover the chicken and veggies you may add some more water.
3, Bring to the boil and then return the chicken to the sauce, simmering until tender. Serve with white rice.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro