- 61/4 lb ground almonds
- 1/4 lb sugar
- 1/4 lb biscocho plantilla or (Boudoir Biscuits)
- 1 whole egg
- 2 Shots of “Licor 43”
1. In a bowl mash up well the Boudoir Biscuits, add the egg, the sugar, the ground almonds and the 2 shots of “Licor 43”
2. When this is ready make small balls with this mixture and flatten in the palm of your hands (hands slightly cupped)
3. Place under a medium grill for about 2 minutes. Just enough so that they are able to dry out a bit but still remain soft, allow them cool on a baking rack.
4. In the meantime make a syrup with 4ozs of sugar and enough water to cover the sugar and the base of the pan. Heat until the sugar is dissolved. When this is ready leave it to cool.
5. Whisk 3 egg yolks and mix with the syrup. Place the pan back on a low heat stirring all the time until it thickens… It should be like a custard consistency.
6. Butter one side of the Besos and put another one on the top, Then with the same egg mixture brush the top of the Besos and sprinkle with cinnamon
Recipe by Dorothy Victory