- Advertisement -
- 1lb strong white flour
- 2ozs castor sugar 1/2oz yeast
- 2ozs marg 3 or 4 ozs of mixed fruit
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teasp cinnamon
- 1 teasp mix spice
- 1/2pint milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
1. In a measuring jug put a little of warm water with a heaped tsp of yeast leave for 15mins.
2. After fill it up with the milk.then mix half the flour (8ozs) and put in a warm place for 1hr.
3. After 1hr melt butter and beat egg
4. Meanwhile mix the other half mix of the flour, salt, sugar and fruit mix the butter and egg and pour it on the mixture. Mix everything together and let it stand for 1 1/4 hr in a floured plastic bag.
5. Shape into buns and cross them into a greased tray bake for 15 to 20 mins at 200c brush them with syrup once out.
Recipe by Rose Carter