So Christmas is over and it’s time for us to get back into the kitchen and try out some new recipes. After the long break we thought we’d start with something simple that you can make anytime and with Valentine’s Day not far off, it could be the perfect little treat to share with a loved one.
I know you’re thinking, “Oh no, It’s too soon to think about Valentine’s Day!” and maybe it is but time seems to go by faster and faster each year, we get so busy that we don’t even notice each day go by.
So give these a try. However, I do warn you that they can be a little tricky and the can even be somewhat messy to get the hang of at first, as i soon discovered, but as a fan of both chocolate and strawberries, they are well worth the little bit of effort.
The great thing is, as long as the strawberries are fresh they can last up to several days in the fridge, which means whenever you fancy a tasty little snackeroo you can just nick one from the fridge.
- Fresh Strawberries
- 200g Chocolate
- 100s and 1000s
- cocoa powder
- oats / crushed granola mix
1. Wash and thoroughly, but carefully, dry your strawberries.
2. Cut the ends off the strawberries to they can stand up.
3. Place each of your ingredients in separate bowls and melt the chocolate bar
4. Now, dip your strawberry in the chocolate, allow the excess to drip off and either, dip in the bowl with the coating you wish to use or using a teaspoon, sprinkle over your strawberry. ( I found the second option works best)
5. Place on a board flat-side down and allow to dry. Once finished, place them in the fridge to harden.