I was told not to play with my food growing up, but it’s the one time of year we can throw that rule out the window. Let’s get the kids involved in these fun and spooky little treats!
- 1 packet of sausages or hot dogs
- Slices of cheese (choose your favourite)
- 1 puff pastry packet.
1. If using tinned hot dogs then the jobs already half done. If like me you are using fresh sausages then lets place them on a hot pan over a medium heat and cook them first. we want to cook the inside and outside for a few minutes.
2. When the sausages look like they may be almost done you can remove them from the heat and let them cool off. They don’t need to fully cook as we’re going to finish them off in the oven.
3. Cut the pasty and cheese into thin strips and once the sausages are cool begin to wrap your mummies! I laid my cheese on top of the pastry, leaving some gaps and then wrapped these around my sausages, making sure the edges are stick to the pastry or sausages so that it doesn’t unravel.
3. Lay these out on a baking tray and cook them in the oven at 170C for about 15 – 20 minutes, until the pastry is nicely cooked, golden and puffed.