- Puff Pastry,
- 420 g salmon fillets,
- 420 g Haddock fillets,
- 420 g raw prawns,
- 1 leek and half onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic,
- glass white wine,
- a little grated nutmeg,
- milk, butter and cornflour.
- 1 bayleaf
- salt and pepper
1. Chop the fish into small sizes. Put them inside a casserole and add boiling water to just about cover the fish.(not the prawns just yet).
2. After it has boiled for a few minutes add the prawns for a minute and set aside.
3. In a saucepan melt some butter and saute the leek with the onion and the garlic and the bayleaf. When straw-like coloured, add the wine, boil and then add the fish and stock and the nutmeg.
4. Bring to a gentle simmer and then add a little milk with cornflour to thicken. You may add more milk or single cream if you prefer it to be creamier. Adjust the salt and pepper.
5. Cool this mixture and then fill a pastry lined dish with the fish mixture and cover with more puff pastry brushed over with beaten egg. cook in the oven at 180 deg for about 30 minutes or until brown.
Recipe by Ana Maria Morro